Sunday, May 15, 2005

He Told Me To Do It

And hence this blog. I think that's an ugly word. Instead of blog I shall call you journal. I think it better describes the content of this diatribe.

As I'm sure you can tell by the title of this journal, mental coherancy is not of grave concern. Thereupon, I implore all readers, viewers and watchers to discard your dilapidated sense of social structure. Forget the mannerisms of modern day existance. Deconstruct your enigma of self-identity. For here lies a conundrum that cannot be seen through the veils and filters of our society of submission, and that conundrum is me.

Ok, now that I've successfully filled your head with philosophical non-sense, lets get down to business. I'm going to post all the crazy stuff that runs through my head, and you're going to enjoy reading it. Then you will comment on how insightful and meaningful my message is. Understand? I really don't care.

As for society, it really is based around submission. You watch TV, but the networks don't want you to be entertained. They want you to submit to their commercials, as the advertisers are their clients, not you. If someone has a destructive point of view (e.g. Taliban), we don't try to change their mind. No, we force them into submission to our dogmas. Now don't think I'm some wish-washy yes-man, far from it. Rather, I respect humanity's free will. I may disagree, but that gives me no right to enslave, only to present my point of view.

Of course, there is a point of absolutes too. That is humanity's inherint right to life. Whenever this line is crossed, then all action must be taken to stop it. However, we must never take life ourselves. Sure we can cripple the economy, force them to live in a prision, cause incredible emotional trauma, etc... We can and must do what it takes to prevent death, except inflict death ourselves (very much includes abortion).

Then there is that sticky issue of self-defense, where things get a bit grey. We can surely protect ourselfs from harm, hence prisions. Still, while we may segregate society in this manner, again we cannot force an individual to adhere to our rules, and certainly not kill them, even if we force them to live somewhere else. However, then there is the issue of "kill or be killed" scenarios, but here I say the absolute of life still holds. It is better to die with clean hands, then to live with bloody ones. Of course, that doesn't mean I won't do anything to help the situation, like rape or torture if it'll improve something, just not kill.

Well I think you get the jist of my political and moral perspectives. Agree or disagree, present your opinions, etc... I will respect your ability to choose, even if I don't respect your choices.

In other news, I program in C++, OpenGL, etc.. I know too much about graphics programming, and a little bit about physics programming. I'm currently designed my own language, sortof. Then will use the ideas from there to form create a coding platform in C++. Once this is finished, I will proceed to finish up a basic physics engine I've been working on, using that platform. Then I will extend the engine to encompass graphics. Finally, I will work on gameplay, networking, editors, etc... but this is pretty far off. In the end I hope to have a very capable game engine, the respect of many, and finally be able to tell my parents I'm doing something useful in my spare time.

PS: Help would be appreciated. I want to start a demo group, before a game dev team.
PSS: I love David Firth's Burnt Face Man. You will love it too once you've watched it, so watch it DAMMIT JIM!!!

No comments: